- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 29.09.2017 | 17:20
The European Technology and Innovation Platform Photovoltaics: The strategic and crucial role of PV in the energy transformation globally and in Europe will require a higher level of ambition for the annual European PV market
Brussels, 29 September 2017, The 33rd EU-PVSEC PV technology conference and exhibition hosted this week the first edition of the EU Solar Industry Forum. The success of the Forum highlights the continuous interest for PV industry development and the importance of European manufacturing.
Participants emphasized the faster-than-expected development of the global PV market, poised to reach 100 GW per year in the near future, and the evidence that PV is becoming the cornerstone of the necessary energy revolution. Europe remains the technological leader in the PV sector and is home of a manufacturing industry sustainably producing along the complete solar value chain. European research centers are amongst the best globally, and own the vast majority of patents applied for global solar manufacturing. Participants refused to accept a view in which Europe disappears from the manufacturing map and highlighted the numerous competitive advantages of Europe. In other words, services are not an alternative to a real manufacturing industry that creates value. The entire industrial value chain must stay in Europe, otherwise our key R&D and equipment actors will rapidly disappear, or move to places where the markets are developing.
As a summary:
- The EU PV manufacturing industry must be considered as an industry of strategic interest for Europe and treated as such e.g. under the Juncker investment plan and the IPCEI.
- Our "Open Letter" has been signed by more than 110 research centers, equipment suppliers, materials providers, and module manufacturers. Existing examples of competitive European players are showing that manufacturing is competitive in Europe under a condition of automatization, the presence of an integrated value chain, and access to competitive capital. Europe can and must maintain, and develop the treasure of competitive solar manufacturing along the whole value chain.
- Innovation and new technologies offer opportunities, from wafers to modules, and other components of PV systems, but the PV cell technology remains the core of the value chain. In that respect, R&D centers require adequate funding and wafer and cell manufacturing should be supported.
- Economies of scale are essential; therefore, the GW scale is required to offer the necessary economies of scale to be competitive.
- Europe needs to play the game of its competitors and implement programs such as the "Top Runner" Chinese program to support its industry, without penalizing the market or closing borders to quality products from global competitors. Such a program could promote advanced technologies, efficiency and sustainability.
In order to provide an internal market for European manufacturers and respect European commitment taken during the COP21 in Paris,
- Obstacles to PV development must be removed, such as unjustifiable grid taxes, prosumers taxes, and restrictions to installations. Targets for EU installations must be increased significantly.
- Call for tenders with cost-only constraints that favor the cheapest competitors and ignore, among others, environmental sustainability and total quality aspects, should be abandoned and replaced by technology-oriented calls.
A single voice for the EU PV Manufacturing and R&D industry.
In order to go forward and present alternative options, the European Technology & Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics, EUREC, EERA and SOLARUNITED, will continue to promote the development of the PV industry and cooperate with institutions to support the PV industry in Europe.
End of Media Release
Issuer: MetaCom GmbH
Key word(s): Energy
Fonds Research 2019: S.E.A. Asian High Yield Bond bietet attraktive Investitionschance
Auch 2019 hat die GBC AG unter der Vielzahl an Publikumsfonds neun „Fonds Champions“ herausgefiltert. Darunter auch den S.E.A. Asian High Yield Bond (ISIN: LU1138637738), der eine gute Anlagechance anbietet mit einer Strategie, die kaum reproduzierbar ist. Insbesondere vor dem Hintergrund des anhaltenden Niedrigzinsniveaus sehen wir den Anleihefonds als äußerst attraktive Investitionschance, um nachhaltige und volatilitätsarme Renditen zu erzielen. Wir haben den S.E.A. Asian High Yield Bond mit 4 von 5 Falken eingestuft.
Der AKTIONÄR News
19. August 16:39 Alibaba: 6 Milliarden Dollar für die Aktionäre
19. August 15:00 Steinhoff-Aktie: Auf zum nächsten Ziel
19. August 14:50 DAX im Erholungsmodus: Strohfeuer oder Befreiungsschlag?
19. August 14:20 Microsoft präsentiert auf der Gamescom Projekt xCloud
Conference Call zu den Halbjahreszahlen 2019
16. August 2019
Original-Research: Almonty Industries Inc. (von First Berlin Equity Research GmbH): Kaufen
19. August 2019