- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 29.09.2017 | 17:20
The European Technology and Innovation Platform Photovoltaics: The strategic and crucial role of PV in the energy transformation globally and in Europe will require a higher level of ambition for the annual European PV market
Brussels, 29 September 2017, The 33rd EU-PVSEC PV technology conference and exhibition hosted this week the first edition of the EU Solar Industry Forum. The success of the Forum highlights the continuous interest for PV industry development and the importance of European manufacturing.
Participants emphasized the faster-than-expected development of the global PV market, poised to reach 100 GW per year in the near future, and the evidence that PV is becoming the cornerstone of the necessary energy revolution. Europe remains the technological leader in the PV sector and is home of a manufacturing industry sustainably producing along the complete solar value chain. European research centers are amongst the best globally, and own the vast majority of patents applied for global solar manufacturing. Participants refused to accept a view in which Europe disappears from the manufacturing map and highlighted the numerous competitive advantages of Europe. In other words, services are not an alternative to a real manufacturing industry that creates value. The entire industrial value chain must stay in Europe, otherwise our key R&D and equipment actors will rapidly disappear, or move to places where the markets are developing.
As a summary:
- The EU PV manufacturing industry must be considered as an industry of strategic interest for Europe and treated as such e.g. under the Juncker investment plan and the IPCEI.
- Our "Open Letter" has been signed by more than 110 research centers, equipment suppliers, materials providers, and module manufacturers. Existing examples of competitive European players are showing that manufacturing is competitive in Europe under a condition of automatization, the presence of an integrated value chain, and access to competitive capital. Europe can and must maintain, and develop the treasure of competitive solar manufacturing along the whole value chain.
- Innovation and new technologies offer opportunities, from wafers to modules, and other components of PV systems, but the PV cell technology remains the core of the value chain. In that respect, R&D centers require adequate funding and wafer and cell manufacturing should be supported.
- Economies of scale are essential; therefore, the GW scale is required to offer the necessary economies of scale to be competitive.
- Europe needs to play the game of its competitors and implement programs such as the "Top Runner" Chinese program to support its industry, without penalizing the market or closing borders to quality products from global competitors. Such a program could promote advanced technologies, efficiency and sustainability.
In order to provide an internal market for European manufacturers and respect European commitment taken during the COP21 in Paris,
- Obstacles to PV development must be removed, such as unjustifiable grid taxes, prosumers taxes, and restrictions to installations. Targets for EU installations must be increased significantly.
- Call for tenders with cost-only constraints that favor the cheapest competitors and ignore, among others, environmental sustainability and total quality aspects, should be abandoned and replaced by technology-oriented calls.
A single voice for the EU PV Manufacturing and R&D industry.
In order to go forward and present alternative options, the European Technology & Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics, EUREC, EERA and SOLARUNITED, will continue to promote the development of the PV industry and cooperate with institutions to support the PV industry in Europe.
End of Media Release
Issuer: MetaCom GmbH
Key word(s): Energy
Media and Games Invest wächst dynamisch und profitabel
Innerhalb des Konzerns Media and Games Invest sind der wachstumsstarke Game-Publisher gamigo AG sowie Unternehmen aus dem dynamischen Bereich „Digital Media“ gebündelt. Der Wachstumskurs der Gesellschaft soll sowohl auf Basis eines anhaltenden anorganischen Wachstums sowie durch den Ausbau des bestehenden Geschäftes fortgesetzt werden. Im Rahmen unserer Initial-Coverage-Studie haben wir ein Kursziel von 1,90 € je Aktie ermittelt und vergeben das Rating KAUFEN..
Der AKTIONÄR News
10. Dezember 09:58 Goldman Sachs: Gold - aus straegischen Gründen
10. Dezember 09:57 Gazprom: Verzögerung – was macht die Aktie?
10. Dezember 09:48 Apple: Heute geht es los
10. Dezember 09:45 Deutschen Bank: Kann Sewing die Aktionäre damit überzeugen?
10. Dezember 09:15 Wasserstoff: „Plug Power bleibt ein Favorit“ – Nel und Ballard beim ...
Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2020 Results
04. Dezember 2019
Original-Research: Sanochemia Pharmazeutika AG (von Sphene Capital GmbH): Under Review
10. Dezember 2019