- WKN: 511170
- ISIN: DE0005111702
- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 30.09.2009 | 07:58
zooplus AG with significant growth in H1 2009
zooplus AG / Half Year Results 30.09.2009 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a company of EquityStory AG. The issuer / publisher is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
- Total sales up by 62,5% to EUR 59,3 mm - EBIT decreases slightly from EUR -0,6 mm to EUR -0,7 mm y-o-y - New customer acquisition record with 320k new accounts Munich, September 30th 2009 - zooplus AG (WKN 511170, ISIN DE0005111702, ZO1), Europe's leading online pet supplies retailer has today published its H1 2009 results. Despite a severe consumer recession zooplus has generated significant total sales growth during the first six months of the year. Dynamic new customer acquisition and the increase of the company's market share were major focal points during the period. Total sales of the company have increased by 62,5% y-o-y to EUR 59,3 mm for the first six months of 2009. Total sales consist of sales revenue (EUR 54,7 mm) as well as other income (EUR 4,5 mm). In the context of the company's preparations for a relisting onto the Frankfurt stock exchange's regulated 'Prime Standard' segment as well as the overall market backdrop during the summer, zooplus has taken the opportunity to grow considerably faster than initially envisaged and therefore retracted its earlier 2009 forecasts. Correspondingly, this has happened partly at the expense of the company's 2009 earnings profile. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) decreased from EUR -0,6 mm to EUR -0,7 mm y-o-y. Excluding the one-off costs of the IPO preparations, the company saw an EBIT decrease from EUR 1,4 mm to EUR -0,7 mm. This is due mostly to increases in marketing spending and new customer rebates in the context of the company's strong growth and accelerated new customer acquisition as well as to some degree of unexpected price- and margin pressures which became evident during the course of the year. At the same time, these measures contributed substantially towards zooplus AG's accelerated growth and expansion during the period. As a result of a positive tax one-off of EUR 4,8 mm during H1 2008 net profits declined from EUR 4,2 mm in H1 2008 to EUR -0,6 mm in H1 2009. Earnings per share declined to EUR -0,24 (previous year: EUR 1,74) on an undiluted and to EUR -0,23 (previous year: EUR 1,72) on a diluted basis. zooplus will continue to focus its 2009 and 2010 strategy on organic expansion and dynamic growth within its European markets and give this course of action priority over short-term earnings maximization. Record new customer numbers have vindicated this strategy during the first six month of 2009 with an all-time record customer build-up from 190k new customers in H1 2008 to 320k new customers in H1 2009. These developments are crucial for the company's medium- to long-term perspective in terms of scaling and efficiency effects in areas such as logistics, sourcing, personnel and technology. Today the company is creating the basis for substantially increased future profitability levels. With respect to the above zooplus already expects significant results from 2010 onwards. In the words of Dr. Cornelius Patt, CEO and co-founder of zooplus AG: 'We have managed to grow the company significantly faster than expected. In the course of doing so we have prioritized strong and sustainable growth over short term earnings. It is now all about positioning zooplus as a strong and dominant European market leader. We have anticyclically grown by more than 60% and built a solid base for the coming years. For the second half of the year we foresee a slight reduction of these strong expansionary dynamics without substantially leaving our path of growth of recent quarters and years. The full H1 2009 report will be published on September 30th 2009 and made accessible under http://investors.zooplus.com/en/welcome Company profile: zooplus is a leading online retailer for pet products in Germany and Europe and by its own estimate holds - with respect to overall online sales - a leading position in all key European markets. zooplus offers products for all standard breeds and races (including equine supplies) via websites in Germany/Austria, UK, France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Poland and also, via zooplus.com, in 6 other international markets. Through its websites zooplus offers a wide range of pet products, i.e. particularly pet food (dry and wet pet food, pet food supplements such as chewing bones, snacks, etc) as well as pet accessories in a wide range of prices and categories. zooplus is a predominantly growth-oriented company. zooplus intends to continue to grow aggressively in all its existing as well as new geographic markets whilst at the same time continuously improve its earnings and profitability levels over the coming years. Online: http://investors.zooplus.com/en/welcome/ Contact Investor Relations: cometis AG Henryk Deter Tel.: +49 (0)611-205855-13 Fax: +49 (0)611-205855-66 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 30.09.2009 Financial News transmitted by DGAP
Language: English Company: zooplus AG Sonnenstraße 15 80331 München Deutschland Phone: +49 (0)89 95 006 - 100 Fax: +49 (0)89 95 006 - 500 E-mail: email@example.com Internet: www.zooplus.de ISIN: DE0005111702 WKN: 511170 Listed: Freiverkehr in Stuttgart; Open Market (Entry Standard) in Frankfurt End of News DGAP News-Service
Event im Fokus
10. Juni 2021:Fachkonferenz Immobilien
14./15. Juli 2021: Fachkonferenzen Beteiligungsgesellschaften & Consumer/Leisure
13./14. Oktober 2021: Fachkonferenzen Finanzdienstleistungen/Technologie
10./11. November 2021: Fachkonferenzen Software/IT & Branchenmix
„Je nach aktueller Covid-19 Situation und den bestehenden Vorschriften für Versammlungen entscheidet sich ca. 5 Wochen vor dem Termin, in welcher Form die Konferenzen stattfinden.“
11 Perlen im „GBC Fonds Champions 2021“
Im Rahmen der aktuellen Studie „GBC Fonds Champions 2021“ haben wir elf versteckte Fondsperlen mit dem Kriterium einer Mindestbewertung von 4 von 5 GBC-Falken ausgewählt. Auch tragen wir dem gesteigerten Investoreninteresse nach nachhaltigen Investments Rechnung und haben drei nachhaltige Fonds ausgewählt. Übrigens, die Fonds aus unserer letzten Ausgabe haben im Schnitt eine Performance von plus 31,8 % erreicht.
Der AKTIONÄR News
09. Mai 14:00 TSI E20 Index: Mit starken Trends zur Outperformance
09. Mai 11:05 IPO von Apontis Pharma: Am Dienstag geht es los!
09. Mai 11:00 Elon Musk: "Dogecoin ist Abzocke"
09. Mai 07:20 Wochenausblick DAX & Co: Geht die Börsen-Party weiter?
News im Fokus
Deutsche Post AG: Information zum Aktienrückkaufprogramm
07. Mai 2021, 12:09
Conference Call 11.05.2021 (Webcast)
11. Mai 2021
Original-Research: Wüstenrot & Württembergische AG (von Montega AG): Kaufen
07. Mai 2021