- WKN: 645290
- ISIN: DE0006452907
- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 29.03.2019 | 07:00
Nemetschek SE: Outstanding fiscal 2018, renewed strong growth with high profitability planned for 2019
DGAP-News: Nemetschek SE / Key word(s): Annual Results/Forecast
Nemetschek Group: Outstanding fiscal 2018,
- Outlook for 2019: Revenue growth of 17%-19% expected, EBITDA margin accompanied by high investment expected to remain within the range of 25%-27%
- New Executive Board structure with a stronger focus on customer and market segments
- Figures for 2018: New records in revenue, operating result, and customer numbers
Munich, March 29, 2019 - Following an outstanding 2018 with new records in revenue, operating result, and customer numbers, the Nemetschek Group (ISIN DE0006452907) has released its growth targets for 2019: based on the current portfolio, Group revenue is expected to be in the range of EUR 540-550 million. This represents growth of 17%-19% year on year.
Accompanied by renewed high, future-oriented investment, the EBITDA margin is expected to remain within the range of 25%-27%, as targeted and already achieved (without effects from the transition to the new IFRS 16 leasing standard).
Closer collaboration between holding company and customer-oriented segments
The new Executive Board team comprises the following three people:
- Viktor Várkonyi, Executive Board member since December 2013, becomes Chief Division Officer, Planning & Design Division. He has stepped down from his previous role as CEO of the Graphisoft brand.
- Jon Elliott, CEO of the Bluebeam brand, has been appointed to the Executive Board as Chief Division Officer, Build & Construct Division; he remains CEO of Bluebeam.
- Patrik Heider, Executive Board member since March 2014, remains Spokesman and CFOO for the key corporate functions.
In addition, Koen Matthijs becomes Chief Division Officer, Operate & Manage Division.
This new leadership structure will enable the Group to act more decisively in its divisions, in order to achieve more targeted focus on the more than five million users of Nemetschek solutions worldwide.
As one of the top players in the worldwide AEC market, the Nemetschek Group tirelessly pursues the goal of further expanding its expertise as a driver of a fully digital workflow over the entire lifecycle of construction projects - organically and through value-enhancing acquisitions. Nemetschek focuses on the markets that offer the highest market potential. These include North America, Europe, and selected markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
"2018 is the latest in a series of nine successive record years for revenue, earnings, and user numbers," says Patrik Heider, Spokesman of the Executive Board and CFOO of the Nemetschek Group. "What's essential to our success is that as we grow, we further strengthen our focus on our customers and their specific needs. This is the thinking behind the new leadership structure, which will allow us to be more decisive in the market and for our customers. We are using our strong growth to make specific investments in our future, be it through developing the next generation of solutions, further internationalization, or strategic acquisitions," Heider continues.
Major indicators of the Group's success in 2018
- Group revenue rose to a record EUR 461.3 million, an increase of 16.6% year on year (currency adjusted: 19.2%). In addition to strong organic growth of 14.1% (currency adjusted: 16.6%), this performance is due to the recently acquired Spacewell brand. All divisions in the AEC environment were able to contribute to the very favorable revenue development.
- Growth drivers were recurring revenues from software service contracts and subscriptions, which rose by 22.8% to EUR 225.8 million. This disproportionate increase reflects the strategic shift in the business model to offering subscriptions in addition to licenses. Revenue from subscriptions increased considerably by 63.5% to EUR 22.1 million.
- Ongoing internationalization remains a major growth driver. Revenues generated abroad grew in 2018 by 19.8% to EUR 331.2 million. Nemetschek is especially successful in North America, the trend-setting future market for new technologies. With a share of over 30% of total revenue, North America is the single most important and fastest-growing market in the Group's portfolio.
- Consolidated operating earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased by 12.3% to EUR 121.3 million. This is equivalent to an EBITDA margin of 26.3%, which is within the forecast target range of 25%-27%, even though the result includes additional strategic investments of around EUR 10 million for innovations and next-generation solutions as well as for further internationalization. In addition, the growth-related increase in the number of employees during the year led to a noticeable increase in personnel costs in the fourth quarter. The below-average EBITDA margin of the Spacewell brand in the Manage segment, acquired in September, also had an impact on operating earnings in 2018.
- Net income rose by 2.4% to EUR 76.5 million (previous year: EUR 74.7 million). Earnings per share came to EUR 1.99 (previous year: EUR 1.94). Adjusted for previous-year special effects from the reversal of an earn-out liability and in the tax result, net income was calculated in the previous year at EUR 62.4 million, representing an increase of 22.5% in 2018. The adjusted EPS for 2017 came to EUR 1.62 as a result.
Segment performance in 2018
- The Build segment achieved the strongest revenue growth of 29.2% (currency adjusted: 34.0%) to EUR 148.0 million. At 43.6%, EBITDA growth was disproportionate to revenue, causing the EBITDA margin to improve to 25.8%.
- The Design segment recorded gratifying revenue growth of 9.8% (currency adjusted: 11.4%). Due to investments in growth in this segment, the EBITDA margin fell from 28.2% to 25.4%.
- In the third quarter, the Manage segment was significantly reinforced through the acquisition of Spacewell, headquartered in Antwerp. In the period September to December, Spacewell contributed revenue of EUR 5.0 million. Revenue for the segment rose in 2018 by 71.3% (currency adjusted: 72.1%), while organic growth reached 8.8%. Due to acquisition costs and the EBITDA margin at Spacewell being still lower than for the Group portfolio as a whole, the EBITDA margin was 17.9%.
- Revenue in the Media & Entertainment segment increased by 9.1% (currency adjusted: 11.4%) to EUR 25.9 million. The EBITDA margin rose from 38.8% to 42.6% over the course of the year.
Financial forecast for 2019
From today's perspective and based on the current portfolio, the Executive Board anticipates Group revenues for 2019 within a range of EUR 540-550 million, which translates into year-on-year growth of 17%-19%. This year, Nemetschek will also invest some EUR 10-12 million in strategic projects already underway on a Group and brand level to enable continued double-digit growth for the Group in the future. The increase in the number of employees in line with strategy will also lead to an increase in Group personnel costs in 2019.
In spite of these effects and the still below-average EBITDA margin for the newly acquired brands, Nemetschek is expecting Group EBITDA margin for 2019 to be between 25% and 27% (without effects from IFRS 16)*.
*The new IFRS 16 accounting standard, according to which leases of any type (operate leasing and finance leasing) must always be recognized in the balance sheet, must be adopted for the first time as of January 1, 2019. The Nemetschek Group anticipates this change to have a positive effect of around EUR 13 million on EBITDA. The Nemetschek Group will present the effects of IFRS 16 on EBITDA in detail in the quarterly reports.
KPIs in 12-month summary
* The previous year was adjusted to reflect positive special effects in the amount of EUR 12.2 million (EUR 7.6 million in the financial result, EUR 4.6 million in the tax result due to US tax reform and a reversal of deferred tax provisions)
Segment KPIs in 12-month summary
The full 2018 Annual Report can be downloaded from the Investor Relations section of the company's website.
About the Nemetschek Group
The Nemetschek Group is a pioneer in the digital transformation of the AEC industry. With its software solutions, Nemetschek is the only corporate group in the world that covers the entire lifecycle of construction and infrastructure projects and guides its customers into the future of digitalization. With its smart software solutions, the Nemetschek Group enhances the quality of the construction process and improves the digital workflow for everyone involved. At the heart of this is the use of open standards (Open BIM). More than five million users worldwide apply the innovative solutions of the 16 brands in the four customer-oriented divisions. Founded by Prof. Georg Nemetschek in 1963, the Nemetschek Group today employs more than 2,500 experts. Publicly traded since 1999 and listed on the MDAX and TecDAX, in 2018 the company achieved revenue of EUR 461.3 million and an EBITDA of EUR 121.3 million.
|Phone:||+49 (0)89 540459-0|
|Fax:||+49 (0)89 540459-444|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Berlin, Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||793285|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|
Nemetschek SE exceeds revenue and profitabilit ...
Nemetschek SE: Preliminary announcement of the ...
Nemetschek SE: Preliminary announcement of the ...
Nemetschek SE strengthens competences and mark ...
Nemetschek SE strengthens competences and mark ...
HELMA Eigenheimbau: Klarer Kauf
Die HELMA Eigenheimbau hat mit dem Zugang weiterer Ferienimmobilienprojekte das potenzielle Umsatzvolumen um 150 Mio. € gesteigert. Ohnehin verfügt die Gesellschaft über einen umfangreichen Grundstücksbestand für das Bauträgergeschäft, womit in den kommenden Geschäftsjahren Umsätze in Höhe von über 1,4 Mrd. € realisiert werden könnten. Damit dürften unsere Schätzungen, in denen wir ein nachhaltiges Überschreiten der Umsatzmarke von 300 Mio. € annehmen, gut unterfüttert sein. Bei einem Kursziel von 65,00 € ist die HELMA-Aktie ein klarer Kauf.
Der AKTIONÄR News
22. Februar 07:20 Accenture: Diese Aktie darf sich kein Tech-Investor entgehen lassen!
22. Februar 07:00 Hebel-Depot: Neues Jahreshoch dank Nvidia – Zalando mit an Bord
21. Februar 19:03 Goldpreis nicht zu stoppen – Barrick Gold mit neuem 52-Wochen-Hoch
21. Februar 18:05 BASF-Rivale Covestro: Ans DAX-Ende durchgereicht, aber…
21. Februar 15:48 Börsenpunk: Börsenpunk: Daimler-Blues hält an / Bilibili - alles ...
News im Fokus
Fresenius Medical Care veröffentlicht Form 20-F für das Geschäftsjahr 2019
21. Februar 2020, 11:54
Original-Research: Media and Games Invest plc (von First Berlin Equity Research GmbH): BUY
21. Februar 2020