KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
- WKN: 707400
- ISIN: DE0007074007
- Land: Deutschland
Nachricht vom 20.10.2021 | 07:00
Generational change at KWS
DGAP-News: KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
/ Key word(s): Personnel
Einbeck, October 20, 2021
Andreas J. Büchting (74), Chairman of the Supervisory Board of KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA and general partner KWS SE, will resign from his position as scheduled at the end of his period in office in December 2022. At the request of the KWS SE family shareholders Büchting and Oetker, the current spokesperson of the Executive Board, Hagen Duenbostel (51), will be recommended as his successor starting in 2025 at the Annual Shareholders' Meeting on December 6, 2022, and will subsequently begin the customary two-year cooling-off period on this date. It is intended that the former spokesperson of the Executive Board, Philip von dem Bussche (71), will assume the office of Chairman of the Supervisory Board on an interim basis through the end of 2024.
Felix Büchting (47) will succeed Hagen Duenbostel as the Executive Board spokesperson. With these decisions, the two top management positions will be filled for the long term.
Overview of the intended changes in the Executive Board and areas of responsibility:
- End of 2021: Léon Broers will leave the KWS Executive Board as scheduled. Felix Büchting will assume responsibility of Research and Breeding. Peter Hofmann will assume responsibility of Cereals, Vegetables, Oilseed Rape/Special Crops & Organic Seed.
- January 2022: Nicolás Wielandt, currently Head of Corn Europe, will join the KWS Executive Board. He will take over responsibility for Corn Europe (Peter Hofmann) and Corn South America (Hagen Duenbostel).
- Fiscal Year 2021/2022: Responsibility for Corporate Governance, Compliance and Risk Management will be allocated to CFO Eva Kienle.
- January 2023: Felix Büchting will assume the position Spokesperson of the Executive Board and responsibility for Group Strategy from Hagen Duenbostel. Nicolás Wielandt will take charge of Corn North America and Corn China and will therefore be responsible for the entire Corn segment.
KWS is a seed specialist among the world's leading seed companies and has been independently managed and sustainably developed by the founding families since 1856. With the appointment of Felix Büchting as a seventh-generation representative of the founding family, and Marie Th. Schnell, who in 2016 succeeded her father Arend Oetker as a member of the Supervisory Board, the Büchting and Oetker shareholder families have underpinned their personal dedication and commitment to the company.
Today also marks the conclusion of the financial statement for 2020/2021: The KWS Group (ISIN: DE0007074007) generated sales growth of approximately 2% to €1.31 billion in fiscal year 2020/2021. The EBIT and EBITDA results were on the same level as last year, while net income and earnings per share rose significantly. For further information, please refer to the latest press release.
KWS is one of the world's leading plant breeding companies. Around 6,000 employees in 70 countries generated net sales of around €1.3 billion in fiscal 2020/2021. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for 165 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, vegetables, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to continuously improve yield for farmers and plants' resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested more than €250 million last fiscal year in research and development.
* All figures excluding the shares of the equity-accounted companies AGRELIANT GENETICS LLC., AGRELIANT GENETICS INC. and KENFENG - KWS SEEDS CO., LTD.
|Company:||KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA|
|Phone:||+49 (0)5561 311-0|
|Fax:||+49 (0)5561 311-322|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard), Hanover; Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|EQS News ID:||1241938|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|
GBC im Fokus
IGEA Pharma N.V. Realignment to CBD extraction
The goal is to become the quality and cost leader in the field of CBD in Europe. To this end, a GMP pharma compliant plant is being built in Switzerland. The supercritical CO2 extraction process is to be used to achieve the highest standard of quality. The CBD market is growing strongly and with the focus on quality leadership and pure extraction, IGEA Pharma's new business model should be able to occupy an attractive niche market. With the proprietary supercritical CO2-extraction technology, other markets such as vanilla, rose or rosemary can be developed in the medium term. Based on our DCF model, we have determined a fair value of € 1.05 (CHF 1.13) per share and assign a BUY rating.
Der AKTIONÄR News
29. November 18:00 Bitcoin mit Verlusten: Ist das die Einstiegschance? Hier kommt die ...
29. November 18:00 Nur noch heute: Profitieren Sie von den Black Friday Megadeals!
29. November 18:29 Ölpreise erholt nach "kompletter Überreaktion" - BP, Exxon & Co im ...
29. November 18:33 CD Projekt: Die Stimmung dreht
29. November 19:59 Amazon: Auch hier bald die Nummer 1
Original-Research: Gold Mountain Mining Corp. (von hanseatic stock publishing UG (haftungsbeschränkt)): Gold Mountain Mining Corp.
29. November 2021